Stephenian Technology Programme(STeP) 2022
What is Stephenian Technology Programme(STeP) 2022
The STeP is our school's initiative to enhance the learning experience of our
Stephenians and with the following goals:
1) Increase engagement in learning
2) Empower students to be self-directed
3) Enable collaboration among learners
4) Enhance thinking skills
5) Extend learning beyond the curriculum
The intention is to strengthen and enrich our students learning: to spark and harness
greater curiosity, deepen content, skills and perspectives, neve collaborative approach in their quest of knowledge, and at the same time, being very cognizant of our students learning styles today as digital natives.
Getting the iPad for your child
We recommend that you consider purchasing the following items from any vendor of your choosing ;
- iPad (10.2-inch) 64GB WiFi
- 2 Year AppleCare plus Protection Plan
- Protective Case
- Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon
*At this time there is no need to purchase a detachable keyboard for iPad.
1) You can purchase the iPad from any vendor of your choosing
a) Apple store or
b) any other retail stores or
c) the vendor’s link given at PG letter dated 11 Jan 2022.
2) Please note that you do not need to purchase a new iPad for your child for the programme if you already have one currently. However, the current iPad must meet the minimum specifications of iPad that supports IOS 15 and Apple Pencil.
3) To apply for financial assistance, please approach your child's 2022 form teacher or email P3 Year Head belle at email@example.com by 18 Jan 2022.
For product information please visit https://www.apple.com/sg/ipad/
Managing your Child’s Learning Device with MDM
During School hours: from 7am to 2pm, Mondays to Fridays
The school will be restricting the iPads to only school approved apps used for learning and activities.
Non-essential apps and personal apps will be hidden during this period (they are not deleted, but hidden and unusable)
After school hours: from 2pm onwards, Monday to Friday and non-school day, 24 hours
Parents are encouraged to use the Screen Guide app to
manage the student iPad outside of school hours. The school settings will be lifted
and students may access their personal apps on the iPads.
With the Screen Guide app, parents may block device use, limit app usage and restrict access to App Store or web browsers.
Click to download Screen Guide for iOS and Android
Store - https://apps.apple.com/app/id1114158345
Click to download Screen Guide for
Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mosyle.screenguide
Click to download Guide to Mosyle MDM Student Sign-in
*A zoom session will conducted for
parents to guide parents on linking the Screen Guide app to the student device.
Date : 17 March 2022
KEY DATES & TIMELINES TO TAKE NOTE
Why we chose the iPad?
Powerful creation apps and hardware
- Built-in accessibility features
- Intuitive user experience
- Student privacy and safety
- High quality, low maintenance
What about repairs of the iPad?
You can purchase Apple Care for your son’s iPad. It covers hardware coverage, provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, form Apple authorized technicians.
What is Mobile Device Management (MDM)
MDM allows the school and parents
to control the use of the iPad.
We will be using Mobile Device
Management (MDM) software to manage the iPads.
The school has subscribed to
Mosyle Manager for MDM. The MDM yearly subscription and support cost is $22 and
this will be deducted through your son’s Edusave Account.
The MDM allows the school to remotely install school
approved apps and to block other apps and websites as needed
Can I use an iPad Mini?